NAGC recognizes the vital role that educators play in identifying and developing gifts and talents in today’s diverse student body and supports nationwide efforts to provide training to ensure highly qualified educators in every classroom. In addition, NAGC values equity and excellence and is committed to developing leaders who can effectively advocate for historically under-represented groups. The Javits Frasier Teacher Scholarship Fund for Diverse Talent Development seeks to increase culturally and linguistically diverse students’ access to talent development opportunities through teacher and school counselor/psychologist training and support related to equity and excellence in gifted education. This scholarship program strives to identify passionate, innovative educators in communities across the country where students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are historically under-represented in gifted programs.
Educators from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must work in a Title I School.
- Applicant has not previously attended an NAGC Convention.
- Applicant may receive this award only once.
- Applicant must be new (up to 2 years) to the field or Gifted/Talented Position
2. Recommendation Checklist Form (print two)
Application Deadline: May 15, 2014
Scholarship recipients receive these professional development opportunities:
- up to $500 travel stipend (plus hotel) to attend the NAGC Annual Convention in Baltimore, MD, November 13-16, 2014
- complimentary registration to the NAGC Annual Convention
- teaching resource toolkit and link to a mentor
- a full two-year membership in NAGC
- a chance to make a difference
Please direct your questions concerning the Javits-Frasier Teachers’ Scholarship for Diverse Talent Development to Jeff Danielian